If you were in Golden you could:
- Venture into the backcountry for some heli boarding, or ski in knee deep powder at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.
- Paddle down the legendary Kicking Horse River, one of the wildest rivers in Canada.
- Ride on Mount 7, once home to the epic Psychosis race, one of the world’s steepest, fastest and longest downhill mountain bike races.
- Check out the world’s largest grizzly bear refuge and walk with the wolves at the Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre.
- Tee-off at the world-class Golden Golf Club and enjoy a round of golf without the distractions of traffic or development.
- Wax up your cross-country skis and explore over 30 kilometres of trails at Dawn Mountain.
With some of the best biking terrain in Canada, world renowned climbing and gliding, and loads of snowmobiling trails, we spend our free time in the great outdoors.
We’ve got six National Parks nearby, so there’s always something to do, any time of year. Check out the links below to learn more, and then come join us in the great outdoors.
I came to Golden for the kayaking, but I stayed for the skiing. Golden really has a full suite of outdoor activities.
Is your backyard big enough to grow your dinner?
Need space to explore your passions?
Mike's got lots of space in his Golden backyard to work on his handmade stand up paddleboard.
Make Golden, BC your backyard and you could find perfect ingredients for a meal right outside your house.
Tired of spending time inside?
Whether it's an adrenaline pumping hike in the Selkirk Mountains, or an afternoon canoeing in the Columbia River Wetlands, Billie and Max can always find adventure outside in Golden.
Can't fit a dog in your condo?
In her backyard, or at the river, there’s plenty of space for Pam and her pup to play.